Cloud Computing with OW2 Open Source ProActive (2 positions)
Référence : Cloud Computing with Open Source ProActive
Id for application: "ProActive-CLOUD Application"
Localisation : France, Nice (Sophia Antipolis, Cannes)
Hiring Date : From January 2012 until filled
In the framework of 2 international projects, the OASIS team is now hiring 2 Engineers to work on challenging CLOUD COMPUTING projects:
1- Project CloudForce, Grand Emprunt CLOUD, starting January 2012
2- Project FI-WARE: Future Internet Ware, Large-scale Integrated Project "Cloud Hosting and Self-service Portal, API and PaaS"
Overall, the engineers will work in the stimulating INRIA Sophia Antipolis institution and in an attractive international context with international partners
such as: Orange Lab, BULL, ActiveEon (France), TELEFÓNICA (Spain), SAP (Germany), IBM (Israel), THALES
(France), TELECOM ITALIA (Italya), FRANCE TELECOM (France), NOKIA
SIEMENS (Finland), DEUTSCHE TELEKOM (Germany), ERICSSON (Sweden), ATOS (Spain),
ENGINEERING (Italia), ALCATEL-LUCENT (Germany), SIEMENS (Germany) , INTEL
(Ireland), NEC (UK), FRAUNHOFER (Germany), UPM (Spain), UNIVERSITAET
DUISBURG-ESSEN (Germany), UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI ROMA LA SPIENZA
(Italy), UNIVERSITY OF SURREY (UK).
In the framework of ProActive,(http://proactive.inria.fr) the overall objectives for the 2 positions are:
- Contribute to the development ProActive Cloud platform
- Contribute to the development of IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), including Virtualization, Data Management, and Portal
- Development of PaaS (Platform as a Service), including scheduling, and workflows with orchestration
- Project management with participation to meetings of FI-Ware in France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Finland, Israel, UK, ...
- Project management with participation to meetings of CloudForce in France (Paris, Grenoble, Toulouse, Sophia).
ProActive is a Cloud Java library (Open Source code in OW2) for parallel, distributed, and multi-threaded computing, also featuring mobility and security in a uniform framework. ProActive provides a comprehensive toolbox for CLOUD COMPUTING. It simplifies the management of CLOUD and the programming of parallel applications executing on Multicore CPUs, distributed on Local Area Network (LAN), on clusters, on data-center servers, or on multi-site private and public CLOUDs.
Overall, ProActive is used to:
- manage distribution,
- gather resources and deploy applications,
- contribute to virtualization management,
- integrate with existing IT management solutions,
- provide access to distributed data,
- provide ad hoc scheduling capacity,
- ease parallel programming for simulations and analysis.
Ideally, we would like to hire:
- Experienced developer/Technical Lead (3 to 10 year experience), also capable of acting as Project Manager,
- Developers (0 to 3 year experience) with the capacity to evolve towards a Project Manager role together with developments
Several personal qualities are important for the position:
- the capacity to integrate into a dynamic team of developers and researchers;
- the openness to take part in various international projects, including relationship with European and international partners;
- the capacity to take into account market requirements, as conveyed by the industrial partners.
A senior engineer position within the INRIA ActiveEon startup company or within one of the industrial partners of the project will be the normal continuation at the end of the INRIA positions (up to 3 years).
2004 Rt. des Lucioles, BP 93
F-06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
(On the French Riviera)
INRIA Sophia: http://www-sop.inria.fr/
INRIA Institute: http://www.inria.fr/index.en.html
Between 2 500 € and 3100 € per month (gross amount)
+ Benefits (Lunch allowance, sport and social activities, etc.)
Technical experience requested:
- Java programming
- Distributed programming (sockets, Java RMI, J2EE, REST, RESTful, etc.)
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Previous ProActive experience is a plus
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please contact:
Include with your application:
- A few lines of motivation in email body (or an attached Motivation letter)
*Important*: the Subject has to mention: "ProActive-CLOUD Application"
o ProActive http://ProActive.inria.fr
o FI-WARE http://www.fi-ware.eu/partners/
o Cloud-Force <Upcoming>